benefits of Implementing CTF
A common training framework for Hospital Pharmacists in Europe will imply moving towards a safer, cheaper and more advanced delivery of hospital pharmacy services.
- Raising standards nationally for the hospital pharmacy profession, thus, raising standards on the delivery of pharmacy services and therefore the hospital services.
- Better outcomes for patients as professional standards have been raised
- Providing long-term possibility of simplified and less labour intensive qualification recognition processes
- Improving mobility for hospital pharmacists (therefore, allowing learning from others health systems and bring back this knowledge)
- Improving cooperation and reciprocity between healthcare systems and national hospital pharmacy associations
- Reducing costs as higher quality implies lower costs (less medication errors, less waiting lists…)
- Knowledge and expertise sharing by improving mobility among European hospital pharmacists